Please add /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative to the default PATH

tealhill tealhill@gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:41:46 GMT 2020

On 2020-11-17 4:23 PM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 17.11.2020 um 20:54 schrieb tealhill via Cygwin:
 >>
>> Cygwin's /etc/profile sets the PATH.
>>
>> Could /etc/profile please also add /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative to
>> the end of the PATH?
 >
> It doesn't add any other Windows folders so why this one.

### Summary

Why should Cygwin add Sysnative to $PATH?  As a workaround for
Microsoft's failure to add Sysnative to %PATH%.

### Full explanation

Cygwin imports the Windows %PATH% variable at startup.

It would be ideal if Microsoft would add Sysnative to the default
Windows %PATH%.  Such a change would help Cygwin users and others.  But
I doubt that Microsoft will make this change.

Therefore, I am suggesting that Cygwin work around Microsoft's omission.
  My suggested workaround is for Cygwin to add Sysnative to its own
$PATH, automatically.