cmake suddenly stopped working

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 17 23:21:12 GMT 2020

On 11/17/2020 5:48 PM, Mark Geisert wrote:
> Norton Allen wrote:
>> Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?
>
> I'm not seeing it.  'cmake --help' works for me.
> Does 'ldd /usr/bin/cmake' give any hint?

ldd did not complain, but your question reminded me that I should try
running under strace. That produce the complaint:

    The procedure entry point
    _ZNSt19basic_ostringstreamlcSt11char_traitslcESalcEEC1Ev could not
    be located in the dynamic link library C:\cygwin64\bin\cmake.exe

(I had to type that in, as I could not copy from strace's error dialog.)

That looks like it might be an issue with the g++ library? Any chance
there was a change in the library that might require a recompile/relink?

I will try rolling that one back.