lookup problem in compiler

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Sun Nov 15 12:10:18 GMT 2020

Am 15.11.2020 um 04:59 schrieb Juan carlos Rebate via Cygwin:
> Hello, I am trying to compile certain programs in windows 10 and I
> have a curious problem, I use mingw64-x86_64-w64-mingw, when I add
> related packages if it is able to locate them but if I install
> packages that are not related it is not able to locate them,

MinGW64 GCC is a cross-compiler.  It builds native Windows programs,
which are a rather different thing than Cygwin programs.

Development packages for the native cygwin compiler generally do not
provide anything usable for the cross-compiler.  It would be wrong for
the MinGW cross-compiler to find them.  If it did find them, very little
in terms of useful results could possibly come of it.