Fwd: Switching to posix with no acl

René Berber rene.berber@gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:18:13 GMT 2020

On 11/14/2020 12:37 PM, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:

> Since there are no adduser or addgroup, I guess I'd create those files
> manually off /etc.

I think the recommended way is using the mkpasswd command.  Actually the
recommended procedure is not to use anything.

Just run that command and take a look at the output.  You have to filter
out most lines, only add the user you want.

Now run it with --help, you'll see you can list 'local' users AND domain
users.  I put quotes on local because you can also specify local to
which computer (as long as it is running SMB, I think).

Its about the same for groups: mkgroup.

Hope this helps a little.
--
R.Berber