Regarding openssh 8.1p1-1 access

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Nov 11 10:56:57 GMT 2020

Greetings, Sudhanshu Bhutani!

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 6:14 PM Sudhanshu Bhutani wrote:

>> Thank you Brian and Mike. We will see if cygwin time machine owners can
>> help us.
>> http://www.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/Cygwin/timemachine.html
>>
>> I will try contacting - doctor@fruitbat.org - PETER CASTRO for any help.
>>

> One more approach - i was thinking was - can we package/include the
> complete cygwin already [which already has older openssh version in bin
> folder] installed folder to our tool exe without any modification?
> Does it involve any violations for Cygwin GPLv3? Do we need to include
> source code as well? Or can re-distributing an already created cygwin
> folder can be done with freedom without any issues?

You can provide a private mirror of your own as suggested, which would be a
more future-proof way, but really you should investigate the cause of the
failing SSH behavior and fix THAT.
I suspect the fix would be way easier than setting up and maintaining a whole
mirror.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin