Repeated input in PTY with SSH when a native process runs a Cygwin process that consumes input

Andrew Ng anng.sw@gmail.com
Sat May 30 14:46:39 GMT 2020

Hi,

There appears to be an issue with repeated input in PTY (with pcon enabled)
when using SSH. If I run MinGW git from the bash shell via ssh, and git
then executes Cygwin less, e.g. for git log, then any input to less is
repeated as input after git exits. So typically, you will end up with some
number of space characters and 'q' in your terminal.

I have also seen this same behaviour in MSYS2 with pcon enabled.

Both Cygwin and MSYS2 are running 3.1.4.

Thank you,
Andrew Ng