cygwin install blurry on high dpi Windows 10

Csaba Raduly rcsaba@gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:37:49 GMT 2020

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:16 PM Jon Turney  wrote:

> On 27/05/2020 12:41, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan via Cygwin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My office laptop is Windows 10 with a high DPI display.
> >
> > I found that the installer is blurry, especially inside the window. The
> > title of the window is clear.
> >
> > Is this something that has been reported before? If nobody has reported it,
> > then I would like to report the issue here.
>
> Thanks for reporting this issue.
>
> This is Windows doing "dpi virtualization" (it reports 96 dpi to the
> app, and then upscales what it draws to the actual dpi)
>
> Since we (now) use standard UI elements for everything in setup, it
> should 'just' be a case of marking setup as being able to handle being
> told the real dpi.
>
> I built an updated setup with that change:
>
> https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.904-4-gaa071e.x86_64.exe
> https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.904-4-gaa071e.x86.exe

Thank you very much. I was waiting for this to happen.

Here's a before-and-after comparison:

https://imgur.com/a/nawlvNd

Csaba
--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler