[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: python-wx-3.0.2.0-5

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu May 28 03:19:21 GMT 2020

On 27.05.2020 23:58, Massimiliano Alvioli via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Version 3.0.2.0-5 of "python2-wx" has been uploaded.
>> python2-wx is the Python 2 version of the cross-platform GUI toolkit, wxPython.
>
> I have a related question - I am stuck with an old version of some
> software I use (compiled) in Cygwin,
> GRASS GIS, because the latest version (actually the last two versions)
> only work with python 3. Is there
> any chance that some time soon wxPyhton will be made to work with
> python 3 in Cygwin? Or maybe it's
> me that doesn't know how to make it work.
>

> Massi
> --

Hi Massi.
we are (slowly) working on making Python 3.x (likely 3.8)
the next default Python and than we should be able to rebuild
all packages for Python3

The main reason of the slow progress is that the old maintainer
Yaakov is a skilled professional programmer

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2020-March/039877.html

while the current maintainer (myself) is only an
average amateur programmer
(my real life profession is in Power Electronics)

that is learning the tricks and difficulties of python packaging

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2020-May/040127.html
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2020-May/040107.html

Regards
Marco