Cygwin doesn't support IO_REPARSE_TAG_APPEXECLINK

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Sun May 24 14:20:12 GMT 2020

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 10:51, Kagami Rosylight via Cygwin wrote:
> <snip>
> Sorry for not keeping the standard style . Which email client do you use to do the "bottom posting"? I copied the whole body from Outlook to my IDE and added ">" to write this, is this what you are doing? It seems there should be more straightforward way as all mailing list users are using this style.

Outlook is singularly bad for letting you use this style of email
reply; I'd go so far as to argue it's primarily responsible for the
shift away from this style of reply that was, for a long time in the
history of the internet, very much the standard form. If you're able
to use some other email client to interact with this mailing list (and
mailing lists for other open source projects, which, IME, mostly also
prefer this sort of reply format) you might find that easier.
Personally, when I do have to use Outlook to interact with a mailing
list, I end up copying the email into Vim, writing my reply there, and
copying it back.

(But even then, Outlook mangled your message something rotten: your
email has a bunch of unnecessary Microsoft-proprietary headers, is
base64 encoded for no good reason, and didn't automatically wrap the
text lines at a sensible line length. Which, to be clear, is me having
a grump about Outlook, not about anything you've done, other than use
an email application that you might reasonably think would be able to
send emails without mangling things so badly.)