XWin problem (xinit launche twice)

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:38:44 GMT 2020

On 21.05.2020 20:07, Franz Fehringer wrote:
> There is maybe a race (condition) i just managed starting xinit only
> once (where it was started twice all the time).

A race it is possible.

Sometimes I see xinit or Xwin stuck and I need to kill X,
while the second time goes fine.

May be in your case the first is stuck and a second istance is
risen again.

Running starxwin from mintty is more likely to work for me
the first time. I assume the AV is causing a delay in loading
the libraries and the second repetition takes less time and avoid the
race.

Regards
Marco