Console doesn't work correctly under anything else than cmd or mintty

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed May 13 10:34:21 GMT 2020

On Tue, 12 May 2020 22:26:07 +0200
Kacper Michajlow via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> I was testing latest master (e637d53) and console is clunky in anything
> that isn't cmd.exe or mintty. I tested Microsoft Terminal and ConEmu.
>
> For example navigating with arrows doesn't work in vim. In zsh searching
> history with up arrow when there is beginning of the command doesn't work.
> And so on, sometimes Home button doesn't work to jump to beginning of the
> line or Backspace to clear input.

As for ConEmu, please use cygwin-connector.
https://conemu.github.io/en/CygwinMsysConnector.html

What do you mean by "Microsoft Terminal"? Also, do you use cygwin vim?
If you mean "Windows Terminal" and cygwin vim, I cannot reproduce your
problem. Arrow keys are working correctly in vim with Windows Terminal
as well as with console (command prompt).

> It used to work better. I have tried CYGWIN=disable_pcon but didn't help
> really.

disable_pcon does not affect cygwin console behaviour. It is for pty.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>