Very dangerous hacking ? Surprising relationship between cygwin and Microsoft

Doug Henderson djndnbvg@gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:07:40 GMT 2020

On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 10:39, akiki <> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On doing an habitual "cygcheck -rs", I was interrogated and ALARMED to see some register keys speaking cygwin :
> <snip>
> I have never see in cygcheck, such reference to cygwin with chrome, firefox , opera ...
> May be something is done to mask them.

I use Firefox Nightly and very rarely Chrome, and  I have no internet
related registry keys that refer to cygwin. These browsers may save
similar information, but it is not in the registry.

I suspect that the keys you see are related to using Internet Explorer
and/or Edge. This re-enforces my choice to use Firefox.

HTH
Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com