sshfs or alike

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten@gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:31:56 GMT 2020

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 5:08 PM Morten Kjærulff via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
wrote:

> > > As I understand, you can get sshfs to work with cygwin, but you have
> > > to install some non-cygwin tools also.
> >
> > > Can I get sshfs or something like that with only cygwin tools?
> >
> > Adding to the already mentioned points, I should warn you that SSHFS is
> > EXTREMELY SLOW. By design.
> > Enumerating significant amount of files could take minutes. If you can
> use any
> > other tools (like, OpenVPN + CIFS), it will be hundred if not thousand
> times
> > faster.
>
> Would this be cygwin only?
>
> My server is a z/OS mainframe, where we just installed sshd. Anyone
> have good tips?
>
> /Morten

Hi,

I don't mean to intrude, or pretend to know what I'm talking about, but ....

Perhaps it would help if you stated what the specific use case is ? I
assUme that you mean to transfer files between z/OS and a PC, but does it
have to be a filesystem ? Would 'scp' suffice ? Is there a rsync port for
z/OS ?

Just thinking out loud here.

Sorry for the noise,

- Maarten