Update request for rdiff-backup

Cygwin qrasmfu8f4@snkmail.com
Fri May 8 06:15:34 GMT 2020

> >/BTW, I was playing around with rdiff-backup 1.2.8-6 a couple days ago, />/and while it seemed to work fine when the destination was on a local />/drive, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work when the destination />/is a network share If I specify the destination as />/'//192.168.1.250/finance-backup/finance.rdiff-backup' I get: /
> >/ Fatal Error: Unable to create directory />//192.168.1.250/finance-backup/finance.rdiff-backup /
> Note the single leading slash.
> Most likely, the program performs manual "normalization" of the path, which is
> not POSIX-compatible.
> POSIX explicitly declare that double leading slash is a special case, and its
> behavior is defined by the underlying system.
> If 2.0 would exhibit the same behavior, it is worth reporting upstream.

Based on my limited testing, 2.0.0-2 works fine with local directories.
As far as i can tell it works at least as well as version 1.2.8-6.

2.0.0-2 does exhibit the same behavior for network shares.  I
discovered, however, that there is a "native" windows version of
rdiff-backup
(https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/releases/tag/v2.0.0), so I
downloaded, installed, tried it.  It also exhibits the same behavior for
network shares, so the issue is clearly not introduced by the cygwin port.

I created an issue upstream
(https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/353).

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.