incorrect text mode graphic character display

briand@pounceofcats.com briand@pounceofcats.com
Thu May 7 22:10:26 GMT 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 23:26:37 +0200
Eric Lilja <mindcooler@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cygwin itself is actually just DLL, you can select a previous version of it
> in setup.exe. That solved our issue with corrupted display of Maven. You
> can also install older versions of any package (but not all old versions
> ever published will be available to choose from, just a few ones). Anyway,
> my suggestion is downgrade Cygwin itself and see if that helps (if not, we
> know the problem is elsewhere). All the other packages you can keep at
> latest versions.

success!

That did it.  What i find particularly strange is that it fixes the problem in mintty as well as the terminals i'm running in x-windows, for example the xfce4-terminal.

I had no idea such a thing as the cygwin.dll existed, i would have never have thought to try that.

Thanks very much for your help.

Now. If anyone is interested in figuring out what the problem is so that it can be fixed in the next version. Please let me know. I will be happy to help if i can.

--
Brian