[ANNOUNCEMENT] [Updated] cpuid 20200427
Fri May 1 07:49:47 GMT 2020
The following package has been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
* cpuid 20200427
The program displays detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from
the CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
Whereas /proc/cpuinfo is like an abstract of the features important to
Linux in a system, cpuid is a standalone utility which writes a paper
expounding on every feature in each CPU's architecture and what it can
do, at about the one line per bit level.
It is updated and released frequently and appears current with Intel and
AMD info and supports other vendors' chips.
* Added synth decoding for AMD Steppe Eagle/Crowned Eagle (Puma 2014
G-Series), based on instlatx64 sample.
* Added 7/0/edx SERIALIZE & TSXLDTRK bit descriptions.
* Added 0xf/1/eax Counter width & overflow flag.
* Added 0x10/3/ecx per-thread MBA controls flag.
* Added 0x8000001f fields.
* Added AMD 24594 & 40332 docs.
* Corrected field lengths in 14/0 and 14/1 subleafs so that columns line
* Added CC150 (Coffee Lake R0) synth decoding, based on instlatx64
* Added Jasper Lake A0 stepping (from Coreboot*).
* Updated 1/ebx "cpu count" to modern terminology: "maximum addressible
IDs for CPUs in pkg" to avoid user confusion. It was a reliable count
of the number of CPUs for only a split second some time around 2002.
* Updated 4/eax CPU & core count terminology in the same way.
See the project home page for more information:
More information about the Cygwin