Cygwin/X XWinrc menu no longer launches after recent updates

Henry S. Thompson ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 23:46:00 GMT 2020

cygcheck output attached, just in case...

Per previous message, had to interrupt id, which was hanging, which
produced

  garbled output from "id" command - no uid= found

while cygcheck carried on...
and then hung with Process Explorer showing

  bash.exe
     bash.exe
        cygcheck.exe
           cmd.exe
             cygrunsrv.exe

while pstree -Aap shows

  cygrunsrv.2209 --version

Interrupted _that_ and cygcheck finished, without showing the running
services as it normally would.

/var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log also attached in winning and losing versions,
output from

  > diff -bw <(cut -f 3- -d ' ' /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log_winning) <(cut -f 3-  -d ' ' /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log_losing)

may provide some help?

ht

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.