Why is taskset still not in util-linux?

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sat Mar 21 10:24:37 GMT 2020

Dear Mark - I am confused by how your build goes through when configure
detects the ionice does not have the ioprio_set/get calls that it needs.  In my
case configure stops at that point.  That was why I made a patch to
configure.ac so that cygport could explicitly exclude ionice.  At the moment,
I am seeing what happens if I add more "fake" syscalls to syscall.h for those
two calls.  The configure goes through (as expected), but of course ionice
fails to link (no 'syscall" function).

If I revert to having only SYS_sched_getaffinity defined, configure stops
with:

checking for syscall ioprio_set... no
configure: WARNING: Unable to detect syscall ioprio_set.
configure: error: ionice selected but ioprio_set syscall not found
*** ERROR: configure failed

That why I think I/we need some kind of patch to configure.ac.  How does
your build manage to continue?

I am working from the Cygwin util-linux-2.33.1-1 source package.  Is that the
correct one?  Also, I am in the x86-64 world for all this.

Eliot