Why is taskset still not in util-linux?

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Fri Mar 20 10:29:34 GMT 2020

On 3/20/2020 1:54 AM, Mark Geisert wrote:
> Mark Geisert wrote:
>> Eliot Moss wrote:

>> Rats.  Sorry you've hit some snags.  Are you compiling directly with 'make' or the preferred
>> 'cygport util-linux.cygport build'?  With the latter I didn't need to make any changes to the
>> source tree; all mods were accomplished with the new patch file and changes to util-linux.cygport
>> itself.
>
> I've reproduced your snags.  It/they are due to my having forgotten another tiny update that should
> have been part of the 2.33.1-cygwin-cpuset.patch file.  If you 'echo "#define SYS_sched_getaffinity
> 42" > /usr/local/include/sys/syscall.h' and then back out your other fix attempts, the build using
> cygport should work.

What an amusing hack!  I especially like the sensibility of 42!  :-)

I will try this.  When I built it last night, I got a successful compile, but it didn't do anything.
For example, taskset 1 ls did not output _anything_ -- no error message and no ls output :-( ...

It will be the weekend here in Australia (I'm visiting, and wondering about exactly how and when I
will get home) so maybe I'll play with it some more on Saturday ...

Regards - Eliot