I can no longer access newlib-cygwin.git via http.

Stephen John Smoogen smooge@gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:03:20 GMT 2020

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 10:22, Takashi Yano via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:51:06 +0100
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Is there any possibility that http access will be restored?
> >
> > I don't think so, http is a no-no these days.  Just change over
> > to https, you can easily fix that in .git/config.
>
> https access also fails.
> git clone https://cygwin.com/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> Cloning into 'newlib-cygwin'...
> fatal: repository 'https://cygwin.com/git/newlib-cygwin.git/' not found
>
> Is there any mistake?

It turns out that this is due as part of a move on the server that Cygwin
and other Sourceware groups are on. It is being moved to a new datacenter
and hardware. They are in the process of getting various other services
going and it will take several days/weeks until everything is back. At the
moment they only have git available via git: protocol

I think there is a mirror on github of cygwin which you could use at this
time.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.