Listing only manually installed package

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu@utahime.org
Sat Jun 27 08:50:31 GMT 2020

From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Listing only manually installed package
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:20:06 -0600

> Just checked the setup sources, so unless there is a bug, you are running a
> setup version over 5 years old, or not running Cygwin setup, user_picked is part
> of the package metadata that is still read from and written to installed.db.

I tested this issue with clean installed 64bit Windows 10 1909.

At first I downloaded setup-x86_64.exe from Cygwin Web page and
executed it. According to start message, version is 2.904.

Then I installed only Base packages, exited setup-x86_64.exe, opened
Cygwin console and checked /etc/setup/installed.db. All lines end with
"0".

Next I executed setup-x86_64.exe again, selected 'openssh", installed
it, and checked /etc/setup/installed.db. All lines still end with "0".

After that I installed some other packages. But there is no line
ending with "1" in /etc/setup/installed.db.

Therefore if this isn't expected behavior, there must be bug in latest
(or recent) version of setup.exe.

FYI, I removed all cygwin-related files from my main PC and re-setuped
cygwin environment about a month ago.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA