Python Packages

Allen Hewes allen@decisiv.com
Thu Jul 30 04:57:02 GMT 2020

Hi,

I have a few Python packages built (and very minor change) for Python 3.8, but before I follow the directions for package contributions, I have a few questions:

1. I am only running cygport --64 <PYTHON-PACKAGE>.cygport all-test, is there anything else I should do? I have a local "test" repo I use to get them installed via Cygwin Setup.

2. I am using the --64 arg to cygport because I don't have a 32-bit install of Cygwin, must I get a 32-bit Cygwin install running so I can make 32-bit packages (to be uploaded)?

3. Is there decorum for this of work for Cygwin? Like a packagers mailing list?

4. Do I or should I have a package mentor? Right now, I am "winging" it b/c my consumer is myself, but I'd like to know how the sausage is made so I Do It Right.

The Python  packages in the Python 3.8 flavor I have ready:
python38-asn1crypto
python38-crypto
python38-cryptography
python38-lockfile
python38-openssl
python38-pyasn1
python38-pyasn1-modules

Thanks,

/allen

Disclaimer Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the original sender.