Problem with output from gawk software in recent Cygwin installation

Henry S. Thompson ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jul 27 16:38:28 GMT 2020

Bryan VanSchouwen via Cygwin writes:

> I just tried executing an awk script using the most recent version of gawk,
> but the output did not turn out the way that it was supposed to.

> and previously, this command always printed the values of the three
> variables on a single line, separated by spaces; however, now the gawk
> software is automatically adding hard-returns between the values

The script hasn't changed, but before we know it's gawk that's changed,
we need to check that the _input_ hasn't changed.  Can you show us a
sample?

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.