graph (plotutils) seg-faulting

briand@pounceofcats.com briand@pounceofcats.com
Sun Jul 19 15:55:55 GMT 2020


On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 08:04:48 +0200
Marco Atzeri via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On 18.07.2020 23:12, briand@pounceofcats.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 
> > So i noticed graph wasn't doing anything, i could even get it to respond to the help argument.
> > 
> > I attached strace to it, and it shows that it was seg-faulting.
> > 
> > I _just_ did an update, specifically to see if that would fix it and it did not.
> > 
> > 1 could someone reproduce this ?
> > 2 what should i do for a bug report ?
> > 
> > I was running graph in a terminal in X not in a terminal window under win10.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> >   
> 
> Hi Brian,
> graph is working for me.
> 
> Please provide the cygcheck.out, as attachment, for your system,
>   as mentioned in
> 
> Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> 
> 
> So first, is a simple test working ?
> 
> $ echo 0 0 1 1 2 0 | spline | graph > test.meta
> $ plot -T X test.meta
> 
> if yes, how I can replicate your segfault ?
> 
> If the strace is not too large, can you attach to your reply ?
> If it is too long send to me directly by private mail.
> 

oh good grief.  i just tried this on my home win 10 box, and works perfectly.

unfortunately, my work box, which has a history of weird problems with cygwin, is the one having the problem.  there's too much work-related stuff in the cygcheck output for me to pass it on.

However the strace is ok, so i have attached it.

Just to be clear,

  graph --help

segfaults, so the problem is at a _really_ low level.

I'll try setting up a "new" directory install and see if i can reproduce it.

-- 
Brian

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: temp.txt
URL: <https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20200719/d7c4bf68/attachment.txt>


More information about the Cygwin mailing list