CPU microcode reported wrong in /proc/cpuinfo

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Jul 16 20:36:07 GMT 2020

> So I think you probably encountered another Windows sleep bug

Quite possibly...  The microcode version in the registry looks okay after wake-up from hibernate, though (but that subsumes the system POST and clean boot).

> 0 - ucode loading supported by CPU - update available and successfully applied - loaded ucode (Update...) != BIOS boot ucode (Previous Update...)

Hmmm, cores1-3 "updated" after sleep?  I think it must be a bug then, indeed.

> If you are on Windows 10 you could report the issue to MS

Nah, Windows 7 here...  No longer "supported"