Cygwin package search and cygcheck -p urlencoding still broken on new web server

Brian Inglis
Thu Jul 16 20:22:01 GMT 2020

On 2020-07-16 07:42, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 16/07/2020 08:44, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
>> On 16.07.2020 06:25, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>> On 2020-07-15 14:13, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:

> So it seems the urlencode is correct, but the urldecode isn't working.
> I've applied a one-character change which appears to fix things.

>> the git logs says that only Frank and Jon have recently worked on
>>     cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi
>> I would like to double check any possible modification before proposing a
>> patch to change the web server...

> This was actually fairly easy to reproduce locally, once I realized what was
> going on:
> $ export url="libssh%2Flibssh.h" ; printf '%b' "${url//%/\x}"
> libsshx2Flibssh.h
> $ export url="libssh%2Flibssh.h" ; printf '%b' "${ur//%/\\x}"
> libssh/libssh.h

Doh! Good catch! Been an annoyance for months.
I didn't realize cgi-bin scripts were visible under cygwin-htdocs/cgi-bin2.

Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

More information about the Cygwin mailing list