Cygwin package search and cygcheck -p urlencoding still broken on new web server

Thu Jul 16 04:25:49 GMT 2020

On 2020-07-15 14:13, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> Problem: I want to search for
>    libssh/libssh.h
> Using https://cygwin.com/packages/
> If I put the name and press Go the URL is changed in
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=libssh%2Flibssh.h&arch=x86_64
> and the output is
>    Found 0 matches for libsshx2Flibssh.h
>                              ^^^
> Instead if I modify directly the URL in:
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=libssh/libssh.h&arch=x86_64
> Found 3 matches for libssh/libssh.h
> I guess that the current incapability is due to spurious urlencode in
> cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi
> that is modifing the $param_grep
> echo '<li><a href="package-cat.cgi?file='`urlencode
> $partfile`'&grep='`urlencode $param_grep`'">'$file'</a> - '$desc'</li>'
> Could someone double check my guess ?

No change since your report on May 2nd, and my cross-post to overseers:

	https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2020-May/244684.html

	https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2020q2/017115.html

where Frank suggested replacing badly urlencoded characters by ".":

$ cygcheck -p libssh/libssh.h
Found 0 matches for libsshx2flibssh.h
$ cygcheck -p libssh.libssh.h
Found 3 matches for libssh.libssh.h
libssh-devel-0.7.3-1 - libssh-devel: SSH implementation library (installed
binaries and support files)
libssh-devel-0.7.5-1 - libssh-devel: SSH implementation library
libssh-devel-0.8.7-1 - libssh-devel: SSH implementation library

The previous break appears to have been fixed by or due to Achim:

	https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2019-November/243112.html

Ping Achim?!

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]