cin and read(*,*) not waiting for kbd input in gdb

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jan 28 13:28:00 GMT 2020

On 27/01/2020 16:44, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> I don't know if this is a gdb or a Cygwin implementation of gdb that is a problem.
> Since I can go back to gdb version 8.1.1-1 this is not a problem for me now.
> Here is a test case using the Fortran source above:
>
> $ gfortran -g test1.f -o test1.exe
>
> harryr@HARRYR-PC ~/d62sim/Excel
> $ gdb test1
> GNU gdb (GDB) (Cygwin 8.3.1-1) 8.3.1
[...]
> (gdb)
> 277         fflush (stdin);
> (gdb)
> /wip/cygport-git/gdb/gdb-8.3.1-1.x86_64/src/gdb-8.3.1/gdb/infrun.c:2602: internal-error: void resume_1(gdb_signal): Assertion `pc_in_thread_step_range (pc, tp)' failed.
> A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
> further debugging may prove unreliable.
> Quit this debugging session? (y or n)y

Thanks for reporting this problem, and the reproduction steps.

I can reproduce this, but this doesn't seem to be a regression as I can
also reproduce it with 8.1.1-1 (and with 7.9.1-1).

On a brief investigation this seems to be related to trying to step
through an import stub.