Problem to develop Qt5 application in Samba share

René Berber rene.berber@gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:59:00 GMT 2020

On 1/7/2020 2:42 AM, PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:

> For many years i develop C/C++ applications in Cygwin with source
> code located in Samba shares. The shares are available on Windows
> with "net use ..." command. In Cygwin they are available via
> /cygdrive. Now I have to write applications using Qt 5. But there is
> a problem:
>
> First i go to the project directory (cd ...) and write the source
> files. After that i call "qmake -project" (PATH includes

PATH is not the only environment variable needed.

> /lib/qt5/bin), If the project (source codes) is located on the local
> drive or a drive connected via SATA/USB, all is ok and the file *.pro
> is generated. If the sources are located on a Samba share, there are
> error messages:
>
> --- Could not find qmake configuration file cygwin-g++. Cannot find
> feature default_pre.prf Cannot find feature default_post.prf ---

That looks like a configuration error, what does your QTDIR environment
variable have?

You should be able to do this:

$ find $QTDIR -name "cygwin-g++"

and get a result.