[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.898)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 19:11:00 GMT 2020

On 02/01/2020 11:14, Bryan Berns wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
>>

>> I've built setup with a patch which attempts to address this:
>>
>>        https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.899.x86_64.exe
>>        https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.899.x86.exe
>>
>> Perhaps you could try that and see if it improves things for you?
>
> Yes, it appears to be working as expected with this new build.  Thanks!

Thanks for testing.  Unfortunately, the way I'd fixed this was also
undoing one of the intended changes in 2.898, so I had to something else
to fix this a different way in the just released 2.900.  So you might
want to check that works correctly as well...

> setup-x86_64.exe --disable-buggy-antivirus --download --no-desktop
> --root "%CD%\Temp" --quiet-mode --categories All --remove-categories
> Debug --local-package-dir "%CD%" --site "%MIRROR%"

BTW, you might want to add '--remove-categories _obsolete' to this
command line.