io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/setup.rc) failed

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 06:12:00 GMT 2020

Am 03.01.2020 um 06:39 schrieb Arpitha M:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to install cygwin in our 64 bit-OS using 32 bit setup.exe
> since we have to support 32 bit machines as well in our product.
>
> In the installation process, after selecting required packages setup.exe is
> crashing saying setup.exe has stopped working. I looked into the log from
> /var/log/ folder and found the below error:
>
> 2020/01/02 12:17:09 io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/setup.rc) failed 2
> No such file or directory
> 2020/01/02 12:17:09 Ending cygwin install
>
> Please guide us to rectify the above issue.
>
> Regards,
> Arpitha M

questions:

What OS version are you using ?
Have you an Antivirus installed ? Which one ? Anything in its log ?
In which directory are you trying to setup Cygwin ?
Have you tried to setup a 64bit Cygwin ?

Regards
Marco

PS: I put you in CC as I am not sure you have properly subscribed to the
mailing list.