howto rollback cygwin 3.1.4-1 to older 3.0.7 version?

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Feb 19 23:52:00 GMT 2020

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 22:02:14 +0500
Eugene Klimov wrote:
> i'm idiot =( why I install this new buggy version?
>
> > The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
> > * cygwin-3.1.4-1
> > * cygwin-devel-3.1.4-1
> > * cygwin-doc-3.1.4-1
> > This is a bugfix release, including a couple of nice to have changes
> > on top.
> > - Many fixes in new pseudo console support.

I cannot understand what your problem is.

> inside windows 10 (build 1909)
> just open WIN+R cmd.exe

This start cmd.exe.

> type
> `ssh root@my_redhat_entrise_linux_7.2`

This uses windows OpenSSH to connect linux.

> run `screen` inside ssh session
> (screen package have 4.1.x version)

This runs screen command in linux.

Where does cygwin concern?

> and view lot of bugs with wrong keys behaviors:
> - ctrl+space hotkey not worked (not only in screen, but in any cygwin
> executable)

What is your expectation by ctrl+space? This normally sends
^@ (0x00) to client. Is this as you expected?

> - `left arrow`, `backspace` and `delete` keys works wrong like a `right arrow`

What happen if you use these keys?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>