KDE Desktop

Paul Galbraith via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Fri Feb 7 22:02:00 GMT 2020

Hi everyone, I am trying to get the KDE plasma desktop running. I've
installed xorg-server and plasma-desktop and can get simple gui apps
running (e.g. gvim).  When I try to run the plasma desktop (from
"Plasma" icon installed in the windows start menu), the KDE logo appears
against a black blackground for a while and then disappears, but then it
eventually disappears and the window is left blank -- nothing more
happens (and I have been patient to the tune of at least an hour).

Any suggestions for things to try, to try to get this to work?