fork: Resource temporarily unavailable errors after upgrading cygwin packages

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Feb 5 22:31:00 GMT 2020

[Please don't top-post on this list.  Thanks.]

On 2/5/2020 5:18 PM, David Finnie wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>>> I have started down the road of building cygwin, but did run into a
>>> few issues so don't have a debuggable version yet. If you beat me to
>>> it,  please let me know. Thanks!
>> Any findings?
>
> Unfortunately no, I did get a clean build, but "make install" following it just
> created complete havoc in my cygwin environment (lots of errors indicating that
> a rebase was required, but rebasing didn't fix them). Reinstalls of the cygwin
> base dll (and other packages) didn't fix it, and I was forced to delete my
> entire cygwin directory and reinstall all cygwin packages that I needed from
> scratch. I'm not inclined to go through that pain again any time soon.

You should build as suggested in

   https://www.cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin

so that "make install" installs everything into a temporary location from which
you can copy what you need.

Ken