BUG Report: rlwrap + cygwin (dll) + Windows 10

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:14:02 GMT 2020

On 12/13/2020 9:41 AM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 13.12.2020 13:43, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 20:05:05 +0000 (UTC)
>> Alberto Moral Beneitez via Cygwin  wrote:
>>> Hi, everybody
>
>> Please try:
>> env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap cmd
>>
>> Also, you can use alias like:
>> alias rlwrap="env CYGWIN=disable_pcon rlwrap"
>
> I had the impression the CYGWIN enviroment was used only by the first cygwin
> process to set global behaviour and following changes were
> uneffective
>
> Am I missing something ?

If an application changes the CYGWIN environment variable via a call to
setenv(3) or putenv(3), then that variable is re-parsed and the corresponding
global variables (like disable_pcon) are changed accordingly.  See the call to
parse_options() at the end of _addenv() in environ.cc.

Ken