python fails asyncio tests (py 3.7 & 3.8)

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Tue Dec 8 03:14:44 GMT 2020

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 07.12.2020 08:58, Mark Geisert wrote:
>> [Replying to myself...]
>>
>> Mark Geisert wrote:

>> As for the test script errors you reported, I can submit a workaround patch that
>> would make its way into the Python3.8 tests.  I am unsure at the moment which
>> Cygwin package contains those tests but I can figure that out.  Otherwise, I
>> could tell you what needs to be patched in test_asyncore.py and you could edit
>> the script yourself to fix this locally for yourself.
>>
>> Let me know how you'd like to proceed, when you have a chance.
>
> test_asyncore.py is part of the test suite of python itself.
> I doubt patching the test will change the functionality of the program itself

I agree.  I guess I was looking for some input from OP on what direction would be
most useful to him.  If he'd like a workaround patch directly in order to make
progress sooner on whatever direction he's going, I can provide it.  Otherwise I
would engage with the Python maintainer /* pause, looks up maintainer, oh Hi
Marco! */ to get the patch into Cygwin's Python package(s) for future release in
due course.
Regards,

..mark