cpp /usr/include/threads.h fails; modfl segfaults

Mon Aug 31 07:33:57 GMT 2020

On Aug 30 15:21, airplanemath--- via Cygwin wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > On Aug 29 08:52, airplanemath via Cygwin wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have two reports.  A brief description of the system:
> >> $ uname -a | sed "s/${HOSTNAME}/\${HOSTNAME}/g"
> >> CYGWIN_NT-10.0 ${HOSTNAME} 3.1.7(0.340/5/3) 2020-08-22 17:48 x86_64 Cygwin
> >>
> >> The first report:
> >> [...]
> > I added [C11 threads] functions as wrappers around pthread functionality, code
> > taken from FreeBSD.  I ran the glibc testsuite on them, and after fixing
> > the bugs in the glibc testsuite (d'oh), the tests ran successfully.
> >
> The header makes it through the preprocessor for me now.  Thank you.
> [...]
> > This is a bug in the assembler code taken from Mingw-w64.  The bug has
> > been fixed upstream, so I just pulled in the upstream fixes.
>
> The test program now finishes without segfaulting, and gives the
> expected answer.  Thanks again.
> >
> > Thus, both of the above problems should be fixed now.  I created a
> > developer snapshot and uploaed it to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ You
> > need to grab the full tar file and install at least the following files
> > to your installation after backing up the original files from 3.1.7:
> >
> >   usr/bin/cygwin1.dll	(this is pre-release 3.2.0)
> >   usr/lib/libcygwin.a
> >   usr/include/limits.h
> >   usr/include/pthread.h
> >   usr/include/machine/_threads.h
> >
> Is it okay to leave these in place to be overwritten by 3.2.0, or should
> I move the old versions back?

It's ok to leave them in place, just keep in mind that executables
built with this version and using the new symbols won't run under
3.1.7 (e. g., on a collegue's machine).

> > Thanks for the report.
> >
> Thanks for the prompt response.

You're welcome.  And thanks for testing!

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer