Assistance with 'split -l' command

Gary Vaughan gary.vaughan@mdsl.com
Tue Aug 11 23:57:04 GMT 2020

I am working with csv files and when I perform the split -l, it splits the fioe correctly, but is putting the 'aa','ab','ac' after the file extension.  Would love to know how to get it after the file name before the file extension.
 as an exampole, command split -l 5000 /desktop/ESM.csv /desktop/ESM.csv
is resulting ESM/csvaa and would like it to be ESMaa.csv

Gary Vaughan
Analyst
Calero-MDSL
o:+1 469-808-3047
www.calero.com<https://www.calero.com>
www.mdsl.com<https://www.mdsl.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission and any attachments to it is information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and the privilege and the privileges are not waived by virtue of having been sent by e-mail. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.