Need information on creating service user to connect from the Agent server to Windows hosts for installing agents on remote

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 07:44:15 GMT 2020

On 11.08.2020 08:35, Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Basically I have an Cloud control Agent server on LINUX host and Cloud control would like connect to Windows hosts over an SSH protocol. So for that I have installed CYGWIN on my client windows machine and tried to configure ssh-host-config. It is taking default SYSTEM user ( example: if my local account is SUBBU) and generating the profile files. Now I can user the below command to connect to windows host over SSH using username and password that is SYSTEM default.
>
> ssh user1@IP
>
> But here I want to create a separate user to authenticate from Cloud controller to target client with ssh setup and password based authentication.
>
> Hope I answered your question?
>
> Subramanya

you are confusing the user that runs the sshd services (SYSTEM) with the
user that uses the sshd service and connects through ssh

/usr/bin/ssh-host-config sets the first
/usr/bin/ssh-user-config sets the second

$ cygcheck -l openssh |grep -- -config
/usr/bin/ssh-host-config
/usr/bin/ssh-user-config