Beginning PRogrammer trying to solve an issue.

Tsali505@outlook.com Tsali505@outlook.com
Sat Apr 25 18:55:26 GMT 2020

Hello,

I am currently attempting to learn OpenCV and wanted to hook up my camera to my Windows Laptop.

I was directed to download an application called gphoto2, but, learned it was suited for Linux.

I researched around and found these instructions to download the files on Windows<http://foobaring.blogspot.com/2013/10/howto-install-gphoto2-in-windows-7.html>.

I followed the instructions, however, received this error while following:
1 [main] gphoto2 12572 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer

My understanding of this problem is that the windows operating system cannot interpret the commands executed by this program because they are using the Linux software.

As such, I did some researching and found a possible solution through downloading the newer versions of Cygwin (thank for this).

I have downloaded the current version as instructed and am still receiving the same error message.

I wanted to know if downloading an older version would correct this, or, if it was a matter of selecting the correct packages from Cygwin.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Stay safe.

Gabriel Thompson