posix_spawnp creates ghost processes

sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:30:14 GMT 2020

Hi all

We're having a rather complex application and have noticed a rather weird
behaviour that I cannot find any information about

We're using posix_spawnp and sometimes it creates extra "ghost-process(es)"
non visible to cygwin (via e.g. process status (ps)) but visible to Windows
(Task Manager)

The function doesn't fail and it doesn't report any error, but sometimes
(hard to reproduce deterministically) it creates one, or more, extra
processes of the same binary

Have anyone noticed and/or have some information/ideas about this ?

Kristian