Can't use strace on curses application

akiki@free.fr akiki@free.fr
Wed Apr 22 19:50:31 GMT 2020

Hi,
My initial current versions :
Windows 10 Professional Ver 10.0 Build 18363
cygwin 3.1.4-1 OK

I have encountered too many problems with console tty use,
that with a curses application.
With cygwin 3.1.4, bash under cmd, and mintty are not really usable.
I have tried several options to correct use of them and finally came back to cygwin 3.0.7.

So,
during these tries, at a moment to observe the problem, I will try to do a strace on my curses app.
It was impossible to do it.

It was answered a msgbox with cygncurses-8.dll missing
strace output:
--- Process 10848 loaded C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll at 731d0000
--- Process 10848 exited with status 0xc0000135

After my return to cygwin 3.0.7, the problem is still present.

I think, the window application strace is certainly an old one.
The strace version concerned is that bundled with cygwin 3.0.7.

When cygwin will be updated, it woud be nice to use strace to check the new kind of operation.

Sorry for my bad English.