Two naive questions

Mon Apr 20 23:51:13 GMT 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 02:44:41PM -0600, Bill Stewart wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 2:09 PM Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>With mailman, if you click on a message in the archives and then click
>>on the email address at the top, your mail client of choice will be
>>opened with correct "In-Reply-To" set.  If you want to reply to the
>>list then replace the "To" with the email address of the mailing list.
>>You can also download the mailbox-formatted archive, read it with a
>>client like "mutt" and reply that way.
>
>So it is _possible_, but not exactly user-friendly (you're presuming
>that end-users even understand these instructions).  What if a user is
>limited to a web-based mail client, for example, and has no way to
>access said options?  (I think it goes without saying that a "use a
>better mail client" response is not feasible, at least for some users,
>in addition to possibly sounding a bit elitist.)

So, there's a potential email client out there which doesn't allow
you to change the To address.  Sounds pretty limiting but I guess
it's not too surprising.

Anyway, I was just instructing in how this could be done, in case
someone who knew what they were doing was interested.  I wasn't saying
"WRONG! Mailman is awesome as a message board!"