setup-x86_64.exe --quiet-mode issues using Management Tools

KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) Panagiotis.KAVALAGIOS@ext.eeas.europa.eu
Thu Apr 16 08:25:36 GMT 2020

> From: Cygwin On Behalf Of Bill Stewart
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:03 AM KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) wrote:
>
> > I have already requested a feature to totally remove any GUI from
> > silent installation:
> >
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg162887.html
>
> Just curious: Why does it matter whether a GUI appears or not, as long as it
> doesn't block (stop for input)?

Because the package can be sent to your machine when you are working and we don't wish to disturb the users. Everything is performed in the background. Annoying popups are not welcomed. Silent installation is supposed to be silent without any horns shouting in the foreground.

Panos