Can I find where cygwin is installed (for automation purposes)

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:53:14 GMT 2020

Am 15.04.2020 um 15:29 schrieb Paul Moore via Cygwin:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 11:54, Csaba Ráduly via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>
>> On my machine, I have a
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin\setup
>>
>> key, which contains a string value named "rootdir" with the date "C:\cygwin64".
>
> Thanks, that looks more useful. I didn't think to check there as I
> didn't recall having run the setup as "All users" so I assumed
> everything would be in HKCU. I should have checked!
> Paul
> --

Pay attention that Setup links to the last updated one 64 or 32bit

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin\Setup
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cygwin\Setup

Installations report all if more are installed (borderline case, maybe)

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin\Installations
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cygwin\Installations

both version 32 and 64 bit are reported on

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygwin\Installations