[ANNOUNCEMENT] Test: gnuplot-5.4.rc1-1

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Apr 13 20:11:18 GMT 2020

Thomas Wolff writes:
> This release pulls in more than 30 additional library dependencies. Is
> that necessary?

The wxWidgets probably do most of that (I just checked: 24 additional
libraries for wx terminal) and I don't see an easy way of separating
that dependency out at the moment as it all ends up in the same binary.
In fact the wx support can't even be configured out, you have to point
it to a non-existing installation in order to not build.

I'd rather package the qt terminal if it was working, but unfortunately
it doesn't.

> For Sixel output, it changes transparent background to white
> background. Just noting, maybe it's correct.

I'm not aware of any changes in that department, but seem to faintly
remember that that was an issue before?  Did you actually set a
transparent background in the terminal options, it's possible some
defaults got changed?

Regards,
Achim.