Command line processing in dcrt0.cc does not match Microsoft parsing rules

Stephen Provine via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Sep 5 22:01:00 GMT 2019

On 9/5/19 2:05 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 9/5/19 1:31 PM, Stephen Provine via cygwin wrote:
> > Not expected.

> Why not? That obeyed cmd's odd rules: The moment you have a " in the
> command line, that argument continues until end of line or the next "
> (regardless of how many \ precede the ").

Now I'm really confused. Brian seemed to indicate that the POSIX rules were
followed, but you're indicating that the Windows command line parsing rules
are followed. So I assume the reality is that it is actually some mix of the two.
Is the effective parsing logic implemented by Cygwin documented anywhere?

Thanks,
Stephen