How can I determine why gdb throws unknown exceptions when debugging programs with threads on my Cygwin installation?

Soegtrop, Michael michael.soegtrop@intel.com
Mon Oct 28 08:40:00 GMT 2019

Dear Jay,

> On the advice of Jon Turney, I ran a "bt f" command after gdb caught the
> exception, and it appears that a Trend Micro dll  (TmUmEvt64.dll) is where the
> error occurs:

Since the message with a similar problem I posted is from April 2016, it would also make sense to report this to Trend Micro. Maybe they can manage to fix this bug before another 3 1/2 years are over.

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich