Blank Windows

Thomas Dineen tdineen@ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 4 18:20:00 GMT 2019

Brian:

    Thank You for your response.

    I have already performed the steps you describe below using
setup_64.exe on my Windows 10 64 bit
machine. I installed ALL of the Cygwin distribution (collection,
packages, or whatever you call it). The setup
took about 24 hours and completed without error.

    However: The fact remains:
    When I open Mate, Lxde, or simular windows (From the Cygwin 32bit
Menu), the window opens successfully, but nothing appears inside the window,
no menus, nothing! PS: This dose work on my windows 7 64 bit machine.

    Are you implying below that the applications in the "Cygwin-X
(32-bit)" start menu
are not expected to run?

Thomas Dineen