Cygwin debugger crashes every time on following a unique_ptr

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Sun May 26 07:52:00 GMT 2019

Mark Geisert wrote:
> I can confirm this issue.  The fault is reported by Cygwin's memcpy().  I'm
> having a heck of a time trying to get a gdb backtrace to show what in gdb itself
> is likely calling memcpy() with a bad arg.

This seems to be a regression in gdb 8.1.1.  If you downgrade to gdb 8.0.1 on
Cygwin the fault does not occur.  Obviously just a workaround.

I'm curious which version of gdb the OP was using within CLion.  In any case
this issue should be pointed out upstream (to the gdb developers).  It doesn't
seem to be a Cygwin issue after all.

..mark